+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bibi

Best Ayurvedic School

I'm looking forward to study the Ayurveda science, anyone know the best schools in US.

Let me know

Thanks!

I think Indian Education is excellent and here has good scope for this field so you may continue your Study in India.
    Top most institutes providing Ayurvedic course in India:Sri Dhanwantari Ayurvedic College, ChandigarhGovernment Ayurvedic College, Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh) Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research, Bangalore (Karnataka) Government Ayurvedic College, Patiala (Punjab) Dayanand Ayurvedic College, Jalandhar (Punjab) Bharati Vidhyapeeth, Pune (Maharashtra).
    All the best.

Hello Ankith
    Thanks for the information. I am trying to find a place in India where I can do a nursing-massage course, the one year one if possible, even though I think it isn´t open to foreigners. I can´t do BAMS but I do have some time and money to invest in a course which reaches WHO competency standards 2.1 or 2.2 )ie Panchakarma and Nutrition. Namaste. Claire

Ioreoea
    BE CAREFUL if you study in the USA or the west anywhere. Much like Yoga, Ayurveda is getting dumbed down and sold to the masses out here. Many times it is not safe or terribly lacking, especially as a medical discipline. I personally studied at California College of Ayurveda and it was totally basic. Not clinical level at all, even though they say it in their marketing materials. They are not the only ones that upsell either. Hopefully this will change over time, but as of this writing I would tread with caution at most any big name place and most of the smaller ones in the US as well.

Yes its true if u want to study something about Ayurveda India is the best place to study because of the past history that we have is very helpful for someone to study

Only studying ayurveda in India will be usefull. You can gain deep knowledge in ayurveda. One of my friend studied in Shri Kaya Kalp, Delhi, he said it was good school.

What about Ayurvedic schools in US.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ayurvedacourses View Post
    Only studying ayurveda in India will be usefull. You can gain deep knowledge in ayurveda. One of my friend studied in Shri Kaya Kalp, Delhi, he said it was good school.
    I wouldnt recommend Kaya Kalp place for anybody whom seriously would like to learn something.
    Actually this place didnt even bother to reply enqueries during one month, I sent 3 messages and I received 0 replies.

My tip for anyone who is planning to do a course in India is;
    When the course duration is 4 weeks and curriculum of course is less than 120hrs of scheduled theory and practise session,
    Forget the school or center who is offering the training. The schools is only taking money out of your pocket.

Also if the center is providing certificate of the course "2 weeks of training completed" and the study hours were less than 60hrs, forget the school or center.

Unfortunatelly India is full of scammers where the price of the course is also one indicator of the scam.
    My friend who is working as a therapist paid 50.000Rp per 12 month course including accommodation in school and food.
    The friend is Indian, but the price tag will give you some indications what the price should be.

I dont know why my unnamed friend saying like this. Many foreign students are studying, they are happy with the classes.

Unregistered

the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unfortunatelly India is full of scammers where the price of the course is also one indicator of the scam.
    My friend who is working as a therapist paid 50.000Rp per 12 month course including accommodation in school and food.
    The friend is Indian, but the price tag will give you some indications what the price should be.
    thanks for your advice but then would you tell us the name of the place where your friend studied, or any other "non scammer" institute that you would know