Hello all,

I had a brief question that I have been pondering over in my research recently and I wanted to get your input on it.

As I am aware, a Sattvic diet can be administered to anyone of any doshic predominance in order to balance them out and promote energy production in the body.
My question is this: why is is that, in the absence of carbohydrates, and the inclusion of additional fats and proteins from sources that are intrinsically considered rajasic and/or tamasic that a person may find, albeit temporarily, an increase of energy production?

Barring issues of mineral salts dissolved in blood that are lost due to kidney overstimulation and loss of water stored by glycogen, why is it that this energy production occurs? Is is simply a rajasic response by the body involving cortisol, dopamine, and norepinephrine in order to protect the brain? This may explain the diminishing returns of a low-carb/ultra low-carb diet. In either case, I have noted vast improvements to headaches caused by barometric pressure in people who normally have them when administered a ketogenic diet as opposed to an evenly partitioned macronutrient diet. The only other thing I can think of is that the brain may be producing endo-opiates as a self-defense mechanism which may cause the person to feel euphoric, and a lack of insulin may cause a lack of underlying inflammation that stops the headaches at the source.

If this were the case, fasting may be equally as effective. Testing has yielded decent results, although currently unquantifiable.

The reason for all this is that I have been wading through research and personal trials these last three years in an attempt to discover the most viable method of energy production which reduces chronic pain, inflammation, and provides optimal nutrition. If any of you wonderful folks could help point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

Best regards,
Asther Whyte