This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ayurveda diet tips for Psoriasis...need help!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayurveda diet tips for Psoriasis...need help!!

Hello friends,

I am a 24 years old woman from India. I have been diagnosed with scalp psoriasis around 8 months back. The dermatologist prescribed me a coal tar based shampoo and protar cream and methotrexate and multi-vitamin tablets. I didn't found it a good idea because coal tar shampoo used to make my hairs so brittle and lifeless. Also, I was told that I have to take methotrexate for a long time- may be for the whole life. My elder brother is a chemist shop owner, he told me that methotrexate can have bad effects on liver if taken for a long time. So, I have stopped the allopathy and trying ayurveda. I searched a lot on internet and can see that a lot of people are talking about non-medicinal approach to manage psoriasis. They talk about diet changes a lot. There is a diet schedule- known as- Pagano diet rules. I'm following this diet protocol from last 3 months and I can say that it has really good results. I can feel less itching, pain and inflammation. ALso, less hair fall and hair breakage. Along with that, I take lemon water mixed with turmeric and ginger. I take 2000 mg per day of flaxseed oil capsules for omega 3 fats. But, being a working lady, it is quite difficult to follow all the diet rules religiously.
    So, I request Ayurveda doctors to help me design a better diet schedule for psoriasis. Here is the google reference of pagano diet. Please check it and advice. I would be highly thankful to you. Also, advice any good AYurveda medicines which can be taken without side effects. Thanks a lot.

John Pagano diet schedule for psoriasis - http://www.psoriasisselfmanagement.c...for-psoriasis/

Thanks in advance
    Jennifer
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
X