This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet for Vata constitution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet for Vata constitution

Thank yu very much for joining me

I am new in this forum and I hope I have found the right place

I am following a vegan diet to cure my acid reflux, following the book by Dr Gabriel Causens "Coincious Eating" and the dosha closer to me I think is Vata constitution

I am looking for a good support forum to help me with my journey towards a healthy life

I have my breakfast with oatmeal blended with figs, or dates along with some nutmeg and cinnamon ado

Than I eat bananas, oranges, avocado and sometimes some almonds in small amount, trying always to not to mix them

In addition I have my breakfast about 2 hours and half after I got up and I never have a meal late in the night

I would like to learn more about sprouting, for black wild rice and amaranth

Thank you in advance for your support

From a simple perspective, management for vata types is centered around principles of:
    – Warming
    – Moistening and
    – Weight promoting

Several considerations for helping to balance vata types:
    - eat more warm, brothy and easily digestible foods
    - eat at regular times to help promote balance in life
    - avoid stimulating foods [i.e. coffee, tea, tabaco and spicy foods]
    - avoid foods which are dry, cold, and light
    - consider eating more ‘healthy oils’ [ghee, flax, hemp, sesame]

VATA - BASIC MANAGEMENT

Comment

Hello,

I have started a Vata promoting diet and see that the internet has a lot of conflicting information on what to include/omit. For example, high quality baked wheat foods such as muffins are allowed on one website and another says it's a banned food...Which list should I refer to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
      X