Welcome to the Share Ayurveda forum

Collapse

This Ayurveda Forum was created for the purpose of sharing ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the ayurvedic lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic doctors and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eggs and Pitta

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs and Pitta

Greetings All,

Ive been on a pitta lowering diet for 3 months at least and have been quite good at keeping at it, however my only sin is eating eggs. As i obtain incredible local pasture raised eggs, the nutritional value is amazing and of course the taste!!!

Now to my question, i realize egg whites are what i should be eating only (avoiding the yolk) but as i mentioned this would be my only exception. Instead of frying as well which i have done for years in coconut oil, i opted to boil as well which is better for my constitution.

So what im asking is, should i reconsider eggs in general? are the yolks really that bad if i focus the rest of my meals and intake on cooling foods such as raw green salads, dark winter greens, coconut water, moong dal, etc...
    ive even given up red meat and cant remember the last time i had white meat..

Any input regarding egg consumption and pitta would be greatly appreciated. Please note i consume 3 eggs boiled every morning, with kamut bread and unsalted grass fed butter.

Namaste to all...

Egg is tamasic food. It give you only negative enery. If your priority is to maintain health, you can have it. If your giving importance to sprituality, you better avoid it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
    X