Welcome to the Share Ayurveda forum

Collapse

This Ayurveda Forum was created for the purpose of sharing ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the ayurvedic lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic doctors and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make ghee?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make ghee?

Anyone knows the best recipe to make Ghee?

Thank you!!

Ghee / clarified butter, is now available at many health food stores, but you can also make it yourself. Just follow these simple directions:

Place the desired amount of either salted or unsalted butter (I prefer unsalted butter) in a medium-sized pan.

On medium heat, melt the butter until it is completely liquid. Continue cooking until the butter starts to foam and boil; you will begin to hear the butter crackling at this point.

Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until the butter clarifies. You will know it is clarified when you part the foam on top and the butter is clear enough that you can easily see the bottom of the pan. Continue cooking until the crackling subsides. Make sure not to overcook the ghee or it will burn.

Let the ghee cool for about 30 minutes, and then strain it using cheesecloth.
    Ghee can be stored in a glass jar.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
    X