Welcome to the Share Ayurveda forum

Collapse

This Ayurveda Forum was created for the purpose of sharing ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the ayurvedic lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic doctors and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just very interested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just very interested

I am now on dialysis for failIng kidneys. I want to be able to improve again to reduce or even stop dialysis. Western Medicine is not really cutting it for me. I used modern western medicine to get me to this "place", but I want to move on to Ayurveda, with monitoring from my nephrologist. IDK if he will be this open to it. He "Karunakaran" is from India E. He MIGHT be open, I need to call him and ask his opinion because of where his background is and what he thinks, if he is in the correct and accomodating frame of mind, or else indoctrinated by the Western Medicine cult. I hope he isn't very indoctrinated.

If I can be helped out as to what to buy and get for my kidneys, it would be very welcome. I just need some ideas to start out with, so I can go buy the herbs, spices and what not for what I will be needing to get off dialysis if possible. It will be a GodSend.

Info for Very Interested

Hi there,

The beautiful thing about Ayurveda, and one of the ways it is very different from Western Medicine, is that Ayurveda looks at the individual. While it would be easy for someone to just tell you to take this or that herb, it wouldn't be very responsible or true to the heart of Ayurveda. We each have our own individual constitution, eat different foods and have different lifestyles. All of this is taken into account before a practitioner would recommend a choorna (or herbal formula) that would be best suited for you. A practitioner would also provide you with some information about foods and lifestyle habits that will help to make you feel better and will help the herbs work effectively. That being said, I would highly recommend that you see an experienced Ayurvedic Practitioner. I am still working on my studies, but can recommend a couple of practitioners who have been working with Ayurvedic herbal formulations for many years. Let me know if you're interested. Or if you know a practitioner already, I encourage to take the leap and start working with them. I am sure you will find it beneficial and healing on many levels. Wishing you abundant health and healing!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
    X