This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Always hungry after starting ayurveda diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always hungry after starting ayurveda diet

Hello,

I hope that some of you can help me to find out why that is occurring. Thanks in advance.

I recently started to follow an Ayurveda diet, which I must admit is VERY different from my normal one. I love the diet, the food and the positive effects that slowly are starting to show up. I drink warm water with fresh ginger and cardamon every morning and I also take triphala every evening before I go to bed. I only eat 3 meals a day and nothing between meals.
    Everything's great apart from the fact that I am always hungry (never happened before). Even after eating a lot (of healthy great ayurveda style food), after not more than one hour, often less, I am hungry again.

I tried to search in the forum and in Internet but I found no explanation for that.

I would really appreciate if anyone with significant experience could help me understand this phenomenon.

Thanks a lot

Davide

Sir ginger is used for increasing appetite and cardamon too(not sure bout cardamom) that's the trainee for increased appetite.

Comment

Sir ginger is used for increasing appetite and cardamon too(not sure bout cardamom) that's the trainee for increased appetite. It increases gastric juice so food get digested quickly. Would you please tell me how much ginger and cardamon you are taking?

Comment

Originally posted by DANEM View Post
        Sir ginger is used for increasing appetite and cardamon too(not sure bout cardamom) that's the trainee for increased appetite. It increases gastric juice so food get digested quickly. Would you please tell me how much ginger and cardamon you are taking?
        Hi, I boil 5/6 cardamom cloves and about 1 cm ginger for 10 minutes.

Comment

Alternatives

For what purpose you are using ginger tea, of its for detoxification then use dandelion root tea as it's better detoxifyer and also helps in weight loss lemon with warm water is also good

Comment

It was suggested by an ayurveda adviser in order to regulate bowel movement and for detoxification. I am already skinny, I do not need to loose weight! :-) Should I still use dandelion and/or lemon wit warm water? Thanks

Comment

Then why you are worry being hungry with ginger as it would help you to gain weight

Comment

I am not really worried, it's just that in theory (and please correct me if I am wrong) one should not eat between meals but I am very hungry soon after a meal even if I had a lot of food. My explanation is that I have drastically cut on bread, pasta, cheese and sweet stuff. I do feel better overall but as I said I am always hungry and I have lost a bit of weight recently (after 4 weeks ayurveda diet).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
                X