This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vata dosha calories and protein? Please help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juliadavid
    replied
    Apart from Ayurveda, focus also on a natural diet. For protein, eat seafood, fish is very good for protein, eat lean beef, eggs, low-fat (cheese, milk & yogurt), oats, almonds, drink protein shakes. As a fitness freak, I eat protein candies also sometimes made from natural fruit and nuts.

Leave a comment:

• AlexanderJ
    started a topic Vata dosha calories and protein? Please help

Vata dosha calories and protein? Please help

Hey there forum, i am quite new to ayurveda, started looking into it a few months ago after a kundalini energy surge made me very ungrounded and unstable...

I am very tall 1,94m (6'3") and very thin 65 kg.

I am phisically very vata, chicken makes me very ungrounded as it stimulates me very much, and i am allergic to lactose and eggs. So that leave my protein choices nuts and seeds.

What really drives me crazy is when i see that in ayurveda it is recomended to eat only 3-4 servings of meat a week, and when it comes to nuts, i read things like "eat 5-10 almonds". Now while my opinion is that generally overestimate how much protein we need, how are people supposed to get any protein with this diet? 5-10 almonds contain 2-3 grams of protein for example.

Another question would be caloric intake, how am i supposed to get any calories in? i eat 0.5 kgs of root vegetables a day but that comes out to only 200 calories and 3-4 tablespoons of oil that another 400 cals and i eat 75 grams of soaked sunflower seeds which is another 400-500 calories. in total my daily calories are around 1200-1300.

Also i have started blending all my meals and feel ok doing it (like rice + seeds + cooked beets + oil all blended together)

Can some vata types please list their diet choices and meal plans... i would love to know how many meals vatas eat and how they get calories and protein.

Thank you very much in advance !
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
X