This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mucuna Pruriens, Parkinson's symptoms, long-term usage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeartSong
    replied
    Thanks, getmyluck. Where can I find that post graduate research center in ayurveda that you mentioned?

Leave a comment:

• getmyluck
    replied
    Mucuna pruriens is called as kappikachu , in ayurveda. This herb is used as Rasayana and Vajikarana. This is a poisonous drug.

There are different process used in ayurveda to remove its poisonous effect and increase its potency. Once the prprer sanskara is done then there will not be side-effects. Ayurvedic diagnosis of disease is different from modern medicine diagnosis.

you can search post graduate research center in ayurveda and can find relevant study done on Mucuna. Many scholars have taken the research work on this. You will defensively find the details.
    It is not possible to find historic journals from ancient doctors as they dont keep record of patients.

Leave a comment:

• Mucuna Pruriens, Parkinson's symptoms, long-term usage

I have Parkinson's disease and have been reading a lot about the ayurvedic herb mucuna pruriens. Apparently, it has been used effectively by Ayurvedic practitioners for thousands of years for Parkinson's-like symptoms. There is much discussion about Mucuna on Parkinson's forums. There have been a few modern science type of studies done on Mucuna that indicate that it is more effective at controlling the Parkinson's symptoms than the modern drugs. I would like to learn about the effects of long-term daily usage of Mucuna - 10, 20, 30+ years. That type of data does not seem to have been pursued by any of the modern science type of studies. Here's my question: Even though Ayurvedic practitioners of the past may not have engaged in our modern scientific investigation techniques, surely some of them kept detailed journal entries on how different substances affected their patients. Do any of you in the Ayurvedic community know where I might look to find information from historical journals on long-term usage of Mucuna pruriens for Parkinson's-like symptoms? Thank you.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
X