This forum was created for the purpose of sharing ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the ayurvedic lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic doctors and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balancing Doshas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancing Doshas?

My Prakruti is: Vata, 40; Pitta, 40; and Kapha 21.

My Vikruti is: Vata, 41; Pitta, 23; and Kapha, 36.

I have done a lot of research and cannot seem to find out how I go about restoring my current constitution to my Prakruti. From what I understand, I am supposed to be working to get Pitta up to 40 and Kapha down to the low 20 range, correct? But How do I do this? Do I just eat for a vata type?

Any help you can give me would be extremely appreciated!!!!!

Thank you, Jacob

Hi Jacob,

It appears, according to your assessment - that vata is balanced and kapha is increased. It's not common to have pitta be so decreased and often pitta becomes more aggravated than decreased [unless - critical conditions]. That said, kapha is primarily made of earth and water therefore can lead to impaired [slow,sluggish] digestion, weight gain and even edema. If this sounds to be your situation then Therefore, management for kapha types is centered around:

Warming
    Drying
    Lightening

Management of The Overly Comfortable Kapha Types:
    Kapha types often are most balanced by pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes as these tastes are considered to be drying and lightening in nature with catabolic actions.

Below i'm placing other helpful link to study this further - hope this helps!!

BASIC MANAGEMENT OF KAPHA
    WHAT'S YOUR DOSHA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
    X