This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started eating for a Vata imbalance and now I'm hot and sweaty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Ayurvedic diet can be categorised depending on dosha or constitutional type and also based on the six types of tastes namely, madhura, amla, lavana, katu, tikta and kashay. These Rasas or tastes are present in all types of Ayurvedic food.
    According to Ayurveda, the tastes can increase or decrease the three doshas namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Ayurveda therefore recommends specific Ayurvedic diet for Kapha Dosha, diet for Pitta Dosha and diet for Vata Dosha.
    In Ayurvedic foods, time indeed plays an important factor and therefore there are different diets for different seasons. Charaka, the great Ayurvedic practitioner recommends ten rules for food intake, which is known as "Aharavidhividhanam" and also elaborates on the varied seasonal diet.
    For more click the link below:
    https://www.indianetzone.com/17/ayurvedic_diet.htm

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Without doing an intake and assessment, I cannot offer an accurate suggestion. However, something you can experiment with is how you use your spices.

In general, if you’re in then northern hemisphere, it’s good to follow a vata pacifying diet this time of year. The following qualities you can continue to have in your food: warm, soft, cooked, oily (meaning good fats), moist, sweet, sour, and salty.

What you might vary is the type of spices you use in your food. Since you’re noticing a lot of heat, I would reduce the amount of hot/pungent spices like chilis, black pepper, and the like. Favor more neutral spices like fennel, cumin, and coriander. You can also garnish with some cooling herbs like coriander/cilantro or mint to balance more pungent spices.

Cooking is an alchemy practice, combining things of varying nature to see what their sum total effect turns out to be. Keep some warming spices, just balance them with more cooling spices and herbs. Notice if that makes a difference for you.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Started eating for a Vata imbalance and now I'm hot and sweaty

Started eating for a Vata imbalance and now I'm hot and sweaty

Hello! I recently started an ayurvedic diet to address a vata imbalance. My vata has been wonky for a very long time, and as such my other two doshas are out of wack now too. As far as I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm supposed to determine the underlying imbalance and address that and the others will eventually come back into balance too.

I've been eating this way for a few weeks, and now everytime I eat I get very hot and sweaty. This NEVER happens to me. I used to be able to keep the heat way up, wear sweaters, drink hot drinks and eat hot foods and be fine. Now I die.

Is this normal? A good sign perhaps? Should I adjust my deit to balance Pitta more now?

Thanks!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
X