Welcome to the Share Ayurveda forum

Collapse

This Ayurveda Forum was created for the purpose of sharing ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the ayurvedic lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic doctors and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treating Insomnia As A Side Effect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating Insomnia As A Side Effect

I am being treated with an anticonvulsant medicine with a side effect of nightmares and insomnia. I would like to know whether there is an ayurvedic solution for this in the form of sedation using herbs, as the matter is not stress.

Hi, please let me know the name of the anti-convulsant medicine or still better the molecule that you are using so that a proper medicine can be suggested.

Sarpgandha is a herb generally used in ayurveda for sedation, sleep and anxiety. If you are in India, then you can get sarpgandha Tabs of Himalaya.

Besides let me know other parameters like you is your digestion, is there any constipation ? other problems you had earlier
    Are you taking the me dicines for Epilepsy or any other disease ?
    How long you have had the disease, how long taking medicine and when the side effect started, immediately or after some time.

I will be able to help you if in case I get the answers to these questions.

Regards
    Dr Kanika Verma
    BAMS,PGDHHM
    Ayurveda Consultant
    https://ritucharya.wordpress.com/

Comment

According to aurveda insomnia is due to an imbalance in the vata element that is controlled by air which in turn affects the functioning of the nervous system. Breathing exercises, yoga, the right diet and the use of certain specific herbs provide relief from insomnia
      http://www.pureherbalayurved.com.au

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
      X