This Ayurveda forum is meant to share ayurvedic information and knowledge about Ayurveda, as well as discussing everything related to the yoga lifestyle and holistic healing. We strongly recommend ayurvedic practitioners and scholars from India and all over the world to write articles on our ayurvedic blogs area, ask or answer questions, share experiences and ultimately spread the word about this wonderful “Science of life” that is Ayurveda.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

throat problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throat problem

Hello,

I have difficult problem with my throat. It started because 4 months ago I used simple method from Ayurvedic Encyclopedia to pour 3 drops of sesame oil in my nose. The drops flowed into the throat to some cavitivies, which caused pain. After that I got problems with palate and throat. There is sense of bloodiness and dryness at the same time. Sometimes upper gums become so dry or inflamed that my teeth hurts. The throat is irritable to everything: cold, heat, every herb gargle, even triphala. It seems like contradictory humors are offending the throat. When I eat hot spices it gets worse, cold water is very damaging too. It causes infections. I can't treat other problems because the throat can't tolerate many herbs, especially drying herbs like mint. My throat also can't tolerate olive, sesame and soy oils, so hot moist thing are also bad. There is also a lot of phlegm, mucus. It was watery and tasteless, but recently this mucus became more fiery when I swallowed a lot of honey. Mucus now tastes salty and sour. Is it treatable?

Wow, that sounds intense.
    Have you ever tried oil pulling? It would definitely help your gums, and it might also help your throat. I do it with coconut oil (organic, raw) which is cooling (soothing) and also anti-bacterial. Just take a spoonful in your mouth on an empty stomach (no food or liquid for at least 2 hours prior), swish it around gently for 20-30 minutes, and then spit it out (very important not to swallow, as the oil gets full of toxins). I have used oil-pulling for a variety of ailments, it works like magic but is also very gentle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please type the 2 missing letters: "s _ _re Ayurveda"

Working...
    X