+ Reply to Thread

Most Effective Ayurvedic Practice for Your Mouth

Hello eveybody,

I just found a great article on ayurvedic mouth care, and wanted to share it, feel free to go on the actual website if you need more info.

Article by Ashley Pitman

Do you ever wish you could brighten those pearly whites without chemicals?

Almost everyone I know who cares about their body is eager to find ways to get positive results without sacrificing the integrity of their own well-being and the well-being of our lovely planet.

That means those bleach trays and teeth whitening products on the market don't exactly qualify. They have you ingesting boatloads of toxins like coal tars, fluorides, aspartame, aluminum and benzene.

So, if having a healthy mouth and brighter, whiter teeth is a priority for you, but ingesting carcinogens are not, you're going to love oil pulling.

Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic ritual where you swish oil (like coconut oil, sesame oil or sunflower oil) around in your mouth for about 20 minutes and then spit it out.

Dr. Bruce Fife, whose written an entire book on oil pulling, says the oil acts like a cleanser.

"When you put it in your mouth and work it around your teeth and gums it “pulls” out bacteria and other debris. As simple as it is, oil pulling has a very powerful detoxifying effect. Our mouths are the home to billions of bacteria, viruses, fungi and other parasites and their toxins. Candida and Streptococcus are common residents in our mouths. It is these types of germs and their toxic waste products that cause gum disease and tooth decay and contribute to many other health problems including arthritis and heart disease. Our immune system is constantly fighting these troublemakers. If our immune system becomes overloaded or burdened by excessive stress, poor diet, environmental toxins and such, these organisms can spread throughout the body causing secondary infections and chronic inflammation, leading to any number of health problems.”

Although there's no scientific evidence to support these claims, there are 3,000 years worth of personal testimonials from people India and a growing number of testimonials from people in the U.S.

I was personally inspired to start doing it about a year ago to help repair some of the damage I had done to my mouth and teeth from a decade of having an eating disorder. The most noticeable effects for me have been whiter teeth, healthier gums and more clear skin. It's been a great addition to my morning routine!

When done daily this practice is incredibly effective for:
    • Brightening & whitening teeth
    • Healthier gums
    • Removal of mucus
    • Boosting the immune system
    • Preventing bad breath
    • Increasing energy
    • Having a clearer mind
    • Decreasing headaches
    • Clearing the sinuses
    • Alleviating allergies
    • Better sleep
    • More clearer skin
    • Regulating menstrual cycles
    • Decreasing inflammation
    • Improving the lymphatic system
    • Improving PMS symptoms

How to oil pull:
    • Drink 1 cup of water on an empty stomach.
    • Melt 1-3 tsp. of organic, cold-pressed vegetable oil (I like coconut oil the best) in your mouth or over very low heat in a double boiler.
    • Swish through your mouth for 20 minutes while you’re busy doing something else. The first few times my gag reflexes reared themselves and it was a little difficult keeping the oil in my mouth, but I persisted and by the third day it was fine. If you have this problem too, I recommend sticking with it.
    • Spit into trash, compost or outside in the grass (just not in the sink - we don’t want to clog the pipes).
    • Swish water through your mouth to rinse.

Take Action Now:
    • Get yourself some oil and try oil pulling tomorrow morning (I do it while I'm walking my dog).
    • Leave a comment below with any thoughts, tips or ideas on the topic.
    • Let your friends and family in on the oil pulling secret by sharing this post!

[URL="http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4896/The-Single-Most-Effective-Ayurvedic-Practice-for-Your-Mouth.html"]http://www.mindbodygreen.com[/URL]

Thanks for the Information. One can also find number of herbs and species in Ayurveda effective for number of oral disorders.

Just a few of tips about oil pulling (gandusha):

-One tablespoon of oil is enough. The volume of liquid will increase in the mouth as saliva is added.
    -Oil can be sesame (tila tailam) or coconut.
    -Coconut oil can be warmed by simply submerging a container in another container with hot water.
    -There's no need to drink water before, but it's good to rinse the mouth and scrape the tongue.
    -After 20 minutes (or whatever time you can manage) spit into a napkin, paper towel, wad of toilet paper, etc., then dispose in trash.
    -Rinse the mouth with salty water.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by salma View Post
    hello eveybody,

i just found a great article on ayurvedic mouth care, and wanted to share it, feel free to go on the actual website if you need more info.

Article by ashley pitman

do you ever wish you could brighten those pearly whites without chemicals?

Almost everyone i know who cares about their body is eager to find ways to get positive results without sacrificing the integrity of their own well-being and the well-being of our lovely planet.

That means those bleach trays and teeth whitening products on the market don't exactly qualify. They have you ingesting boatloads of toxins like coal tars, fluorides, aspartame, aluminum and benzene.

So, if having a healthy mouth and brighter, whiter teeth is a priority for you, but ingesting carcinogens are not, you're going to love oil pulling.

Oil pulling is an ancient ayurvedic ritual where you swish oil (like coconut oil, sesame oil or sunflower oil) around in your mouth for about 20 minutes and then spit it out.

Dr. Bruce fife, whose written an entire book on oil pulling, says the oil acts like a cleanser.

"when you put it in your mouth and work it around your teeth and gums it “pulls” out bacteria and other debris. As simple as it is, oil pulling has a very powerful detoxifying effect. Our mouths are the home to billions of bacteria, viruses, fungi and other parasites and their toxins. Candida and streptococcus are common residents in our mouths. It is these types of germs and their toxic waste products that cause gum disease and tooth decay and contribute to many other health problems including arthritis and heart disease. Our immune system is constantly fighting these troublemakers. If our immune system becomes overloaded or burdened by excessive stress, poor diet, environmental toxins and such, these organisms can spread throughout the body causing secondary infections and chronic inflammation, leading to any number of health problems.”

although there's no scientific evidence to support these claims, there are 3,000 years worth of personal testimonials from people india and a growing number of testimonials from people in the u.s.

I was personally inspired to start doing it about a year ago to help repair some of the damage i had done to my mouth and teeth from a decade of having an eating disorder. The most noticeable effects for me have been whiter teeth, healthier gums and more clear skin. It's been a great addition to my morning routine!

When done daily this practice is incredibly effective for:
    • brightening & whitening teeth
    • healthier gums
    • removal of mucus
    • boosting the immune system
    • preventing bad breath
    • increasing energy
    • having a clearer mind
    • decreasing headaches
    • clearing the sinuses
    • alleviating allergies
    • better sleep
    • more clearer skin
    • regulating menstrual cycles
    • decreasing inflammation
    • improving the lymphatic system
    • improving pms symptoms

how to oil pull:
    • drink 1 cup of water on an empty stomach.
    • melt 1-3 tsp. Of organic, cold-pressed vegetable oil (i like coconut oil the best) in your mouth or over very low heat in a double boiler.
    • swish through your mouth for 20 minutes while you’re busy doing something else. The first few times my gag reflexes reared themselves and it was a little difficult keeping the oil in my mouth, but i persisted and by the third day it was fine. If you have this problem too, i recommend sticking with it.
    • spit into trash, compost or outside in the grass (just not in the sink - we don’t want to clog the pipes).
    • swish water through your mouth to rinse.

take action now:
    • get yourself some oil and try oil pulling tomorrow morning (i do it while i'm walking my dog).
    • leave a comment below with any thoughts, tips or ideas on the topic.
    • let your friends and family in on the oil pulling secret by sharing this post!

[url="http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4896/the-single-most-effective-ayurvedic-practice-for-your-mouth.html"]http://www.mindbodygreen.com[/url]

thanks :lot its really very much useful information that you have shared.

5 Foods You Should Never Eat On An Empty Stomach! Constipation And Indigestion

You can do lots of things on an [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2TDYR_Wbw"]empty stomach[/URL]. For example, is better experienced with an empty belly. Going to bed on the full belly can quick the body fat to maintain those additional calories because with belly fat sleeping needs little power.

One may believe it’s a healthful choice to consume a banana or even drink the cup of coffee very first thing in the morning. However, they may be all those foods which shouldn’t become eaten with an empty belly.

But, there are specific things that you need to avoid with an [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2TDYR_Wbw"]empty belly[/URL]. Here are some of these.

TOMATOES

Tomato vegetables are full of nutritional vitamins, antioxidants, as well as soluble components. However, whenever eaten with an empty belly, these components combine with gastric acid and due to constipation And indigestion which could lead to stomach prevent. This places pressure on to the belly, which causes a good ache, and it is especially harmful to people who currently suffer from ulcers or acid reflux disease.

DRINKING TEA/COFFEE

heading for which freshly made a cup of tea or even coffee very first thing in the morning can perform you much more harm compared to good. Consuming coffee with an empty belly increases the level of acidity, constipation, and indigestion, which in turn leads to heartburn as well as indigestion during the day. Drinking green tea on an empty stomach may suppress the actual secretion associated with gastric fruit juices and decreases bile as well as acid within the stomach. It may also reduce your hunger.

SPICY MEALS

Eating your own favorite hot and spicy foods with an empty belly can prove harmful. It interferes with the organic acids found in the stomach, and could, in fact, trigger an acidic response in the stomach’s lining. A typical symptom of this kind of reaction is actually cramped.

BRIEF CRUST/PUFF PASTRY

The next time a person eyeballs which continental breakfast time, think again. Although croissants, as well as Danishes, tend to be delicious, they are full of Candida, which is a kind of bacteria which irritates the actual stomach liner and may trigger flatulence. No one wants which!

ALCOHOL

Alcohol consumption on an empty stomach leads to the alcoholic beverages to straight hit the actual bloodstream and a cause of constipation and indigestion. The actual alcohol is actually distributed rapidly throughout the entire body and causes blood vessels in order to widen. Additionally, it causes a short-term decrease in heartbeat rate as well as blood pressure. Since the blood alcoholic beverages, concentration raises so really does the loss of manage.

CARBONATED DRINKS

this should become a no-brainer. In fact, you should never consume bubbly drinks actually. Studies have demonstrated they boost the risk of malignancy, heart disease, diabetic, constipation and indigestion and liver organ damage. Soda pop normally consists of about eight to ten teaspoons associated with sugar that, on an [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP2TDYR_Wbw"]empty stomach[/URL], is equivalent to injecting half a dozen times just as much sugar within your blood compared to should normally be found. This produces an insulin rush that triggers a good adrenaline spike, followed by the sugar higher. Not to mention, drawback symptoms later on!