How to Anulom Vilom Pranayama | Alternate Nostril Breath
- Close your eyes. Focus your attention on your breathing.
- Close the right nostril with the right thumb. Simply press the thumb against your nostril to block it.
- Inhale slowly through the left nostril. Fill your lungs with air. First, feel the diaphragm move down, allowing the lungs to expand and forcing the abdomen out; then feel your chest expand with your collar bones rising last.
- Remove your thumb from your right nostril. Keep your right hand by your nose and your lungs full of air.
- Use your ring and middle finger to close your left nostril. Most people find it easier to continue using the same hand to block either nostril, but you’re welcome to switch hands depending on which nostril you’re blocking. | You can also switch if your arm gets tired.
- Exhale slowly and completely with the right nostril. Feel the collar bones dropping, chest deflating, and abdomen shrinking as the lungs collapse. When you’ve finished exhaling, keep your left nostril closed.
- Inhale through the right nostril. Fill your lungs.
- Close the right nostril and open the left.
- Breathe out slowly through the left nostril. This process is one round of Anulom Vilom Pranayam.
- Continue for 15 minutes. You may take a minute's rest after every five minutes of exercise.
You can practice this pranayama for bout 5-6 minutes per day.
Anulom Vilom pranayam is said to have benefited people with Heart ailments, high blood pressure, heart blockages, depression, migraine pain, asthma, sinus, allergy
Benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayam
Balancing the body’s three dosas. Any imbalance in the three dosas will lead to illnesses. You can also awaken the Kundalini if you focus on the Moolandra Chakra while performing this exercise.
Anulom Vilom also benefits us by bringing relief to conditions like sinus, respiratory problems, and asthma. Removing of artery blockages and maintenance of cholesterol levels are other Kapalbhati benefits. It is also effective in dealing with conditions like constipation, flatulence, diabetes, and obesity.
Practicing of anulom vilom pranayam regularly purifies the different channels of the body, making it healthy strong and lustrous.
It cures all the diseases that occur due to the disturbance of the 'Vata Dosha'. These include rheumatism, gout, diseases that are related to the reproductive organs, cold, sinus that is in its chronic stage and cataract.
The three doshas of Vata, Kapha and Pitta are also regularised with regular practice of anulom vilom pranayam.
Blood pressure and diabetes can be cured completely with the regular and dedicated practice of this pranayam.
Increases oxygen supply throughout the body, making one feel calm and peaceful.
Relieves stress, fever, eye concerns and ear issues.
Improvs blood circulation.
Treats migraine, blockages in the arteries of the heart and chronic sinus problems.
Transforms negative thoughts to positive.
Treats conditions of constipation, gastric, acidity, allergic problems, asthma, diabetes, gastric problems and snoring.
Last edited by sanjit; 04-24-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Boost Your Energy With Yoga , Yoga is a deeply spiritual practice, improve stamina, strength and body flexibility, concentration and balance, improved metabolism,.
Tags for this Thread