+ Reply to Thread

Confused about my constitution Kapha or Pitta

Hello,
    This is my first post, I just joined the forums. I am a 38 year old man who has begun a body clense to detox my system and balance my doshas. I took a dosha test with my doctor who also specializes in Ayurveda. The test results showed me as having a Kapha constituion with Tikshna Agni digestion, and Pitta-Kapha dosha imbalance. In my teens and up to about 28 years old I had more of a Pitta physique, I was lean and in better shape, and into my late 30s now I tend to gain weight very quickly if I don't have a healthy lifestyle. So my question is do I really have a pitta constitution that has turned into a kapha one because of poor lifestyle habits and lack of exercise, or did my body change from pitta to kapha as I grew older. This all seems rather mind boggling, because when I get back into the swing of healthy living and exercise I seem to have more of a pitta constitution. Do our bodies just change over time like that? I would ask my doctor but she is out on vacation. Any tips would be appreciated because I don't know if my goal should be to return to a pitta constitution or balance the kapha, I am quite confused.

Hi ags79,

I get your confusion. The answer is clear as per Ayurveda, each individual is born with a unique consitution or "Prakriti". Your consituition will remain the same throughout your life. However, you can have an imbalance of any of the dosha, Vata, Kapha or Pitta. The imabalance doesn't mean that your consitution has changed. Healthy living and exercise help you balance your doshas. Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Share Ayurveda Forum