+ Reply to Thread

Pills or. Powder?

Hi
    I'm new to Ayurvedic treatment and am starting by taking ashwagandha for stress and sleep problems - but pills seem cheaper - so should I go for pills or powder?
    Also should I make it part of my regular diet or just take it periodically when needed?
    Many thanks
    Brendan

Hi

Hi,

medicine whether ayurveda or modern is never advised to take for long period. There will be side effects. Form of medicine is important, carrier(milk, water, etc) also important when it is ayurveda. Without knowing your condition i cant finalize the form and dosage.
    Online Ayurveda Consultation @ Lowest Fees
    http://www.careayu.com

Yes, Ashwagandha is good for stress and sleep. Ashwagandha is bitter in taste so tablets would be
    convenient than Powder form. We recommend periodic use of Ashwagandha, you can reduce the dose
    or discontinue the medicine once you are free from the symptoms.

Since you are new to ayurveda, I would like to inform you that there are many other herbs such as
    Jatamansi, Brahmi, Jyosthimati, Tagar which helps to promote sleep and also reduces stress.

In market there are many ayurvedic medicines (tablets) for insomnia and stress containing the above
    herbs and are safe and effective. For better relief, one must follow healthy diet, maintain healthy
    lifestyle and exercise regularly. Practicing Yogasanas, Pranayama, Meditation are great supportive
    therapy for insomnia.
    Last edited by ayurvedic; 07-13-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Ayurvedic pills and tablets will not produce side effects as you can proceed for pills as well as tablets, powder is not bad also..

Share Ayurveda Forum