How to Clean your digestive system in Ayurveda
Is there a natural way in ayurveda to clean your digestive system/ intestine without pill or other drugs ?
Please let me know
Thanks so much in advance for sharing your knowledge
An Ayurvedic cleanse focuses on resetting that digestive fire, allowing it to rest and strengthen.
The detoxifying nature also supports the body’s own natural mechanisms to remove built up toxins
from the body.
1. The best thing you can do is*drink plenty of luke warm water. Regular consumption of water will
give your body the liquid and lubrication required to flush out the harmful toxins and waste
from the body in a natural manner.
2. Eat more of fibrous food which will help to clean your colon. Fibres improve bowel movement
and make the stool soft, eg. Flax seed and*oats, beans, peas, rice, barley, citrus, strawberry and
apples. Foods high in insoluble fibre include whole wheat, rye, brown rice, barley, cabbage,
beets, carrots, Brussels, sprouts, turnips,*cauliflower*and apple (with skin).
3. Chlorophyll found in green foods such as alfalfa, wheatgrass, barley grass, spirulina and blue-
green algae cleanses and heals the digestive tract.
5. Eat yogurt to keep the colon healthy. Being a probiotic food, yogurt, will introduce*“good”
bacteria into the gut that promote digestion.
6. Aloe vera*juice can be used to treat a myriad of conditions, including improving digestion,
helping to detox the body, and treating skin conditions. It can be an important all-natural
supplement to a healthy lifestyle when used correctly.*
7. There are many plants in ayurveda which helps in colon cleansing - Aloe Vera, Haritaki, Triphala
which are well known for their detoxification and laxative properties.
Read more at - http://charak.com/blog/health/4-dos-donts-to-digest/